Sustainability at the fore
We take responsibility for future generations and aim for sustainability in all our activities. As such, we are FSC® (FSC-C101619) and PEFC™ (PEFC/07-31-266) certified. These international quality labels guarantee that the wood in our drawers comes from responsibly managed forests.
For our TA'OR BOX box system, we only use ecologically responsible veneer wood: the veneer layer has a thickness of 0.6mm. As a result, the wood saving in comparison with a solid wooden drawer is 92%.
Our main supplier Blum and the environment
Our main supplier Blum has made substantial efforts for decades to protect the environment, in a way which goes further than statutory regulations. Blum incorporates a number of energy-saving measures, including heat recovery, building insulation, ground water cooling and lighting optimisation. Blum has its own railway sidings, and is certified for ISO 140001 and ISO 50001.
Concern for people and the environment
We make a contribution in a number of ways to a smaller ecological footprint:
- Where possible, we use recoverable packaging.
- We developed the VHOSS cabinet to transport finished drawers without cardboard, plastic or other packaging materials.
- Our customers are invited to receive documents digitally (invoices, catalogues, brochures).
- Our paper meal vouchers were replaced by electronic ones.
- In the event of work carried out at our corporate sites, any greenery is preserved.
- Our vehicle fleet consists of hybrid passenger cars.